Friday, November 07, 2008

Dilys, the cat was ill and the vet's bill for investigations,treatment and a thyroid operation amounted to well over £1000.00.The cat itself is a 14yr old moggy of evil disposition worth absolutely nothing in the market-place, but a pearl beyond price to me, a normal besotted cat lover.
Extortionate vet's bills are horrifying enough.So is pet insurance which is a real swizz.The excess is huge and therefore does not include annual booster vaccinations or any consultancy fee.Consulting a pet psychologist also does not qualify -at £50 a pop that is a blow. Vets have to reexamine their billing policy and veterinary pharmaceutical manufacturers (are you listening Hoechst?)really need to be a bit more realistic with their pricing.
Thank goodness for the charitable surgeries like the PDSA, without whom having a pet would join the ranks of ordinary pleasures that have turned into luxuries. As it happens I trust my vet totally and as long as I can afford him, I will avail of his expertise and his gentle ,understanding handling of Dilys (who hates him with impressive venom).
I promise to return next week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home