Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It is nearly two years since I posted my last blog -- and I have been inspired to resume posting by the discovery that I have a fan club for my blogsite and am no longer whistling in the wind ,so to speak. What a surprise!
So now I am determined to post a blog at least once a week, and this is the first in the new series.
It's Booker time again and I have read most of the shortlist.Last year's winner was so dreary that I forgot the title and author as soon as I'd finished the book. Nice one, judges.It was easily the worst ever, even more boring than The Sea(Banville) and Amsterdam by Ian Thingy. This year I have liked Tiger by Arvind Adiga but it is too much of a lightweight to be a serious contender for 2008 --and will therefore probably be the choice of the judges.Sebastian Barry's Secret Scripture is well written,even poetic in parts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home